Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On a Personal Note

One of the nice things about having kids, besides taking up all that free time you once wasted on television shows, is that you have a ready made excuse for illness.

You don't get sick because you're getting old and your immune system is crumbling like a sugar cube doused with a cup of water. No, no, no. You got sick because your kids were exposed to the next pandemic at school and brought it home to share with family and friends.

I will try and post content this week but if I don't make it, just hold a candle light prayer vigil in my honor.

Now somebody get me my black-rabid-swine-bird plague flu shot, please.

(Originally posted in . . . With Intent to Commit Horror)

2 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Hope things aren't as hectic as they sound. And thanks for that STORYTELLERS UNPLUGGED mention last month.

The Undead Rat said...

Hey Wayne,

When I made that post, I'd been sick for a couple of days, even had a migraine-like symptoms for half a day -- but it was a bug we think the boy brought home. Mostly it was an exaggeration.

You're very welcome for the Storytellers Unplugged mention.

I'm sure I'll drop by to plug the blog periodically throughout the year and, if SU does short stories in October next year, I'll definitely want to track those again.

--Greg "The Undead Rat" Fisher