Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thank You

I was working on the next author page for this website and I opened up the book link generator for Amazon.com. (I don't know what they really call it but I plug in an ISBN number for a book they're selling and it generates the proper link for me to use on my website.) It told me that someone or some ones purchased four items from Amazon using my website. I don't know who and I don't know what they purchased, but if they used my website once I'm hoping they'll be back again to see this:

Thank you.

You, whoever you are, were my first real live customer.

I was surprised at the elation I felt. I'm not in this for the money; I'm in it to support a genre I love. But those purchases felt like a confirmation that someone is finding my site useful. That all this work has merit. And that felt pretty freakin' good.

Thank you again to my first customer(s) and thank you to all of you who use my website whether you buy a book from here or not.

And Happy Holidays folks!


(Originally Posted in . . . With Intent to Commit Horror.)

No comments: