Friday, October 26, 2007

Discover a New Writer: John Everson

Vigilantes of Love Discover a New Writer is a new feature where I introduce you to an author you may never have read before -- usually by way of free online short stories, essays and other writings. My hope is that by giving you a sample of an author's work, you may find that you want more.

I missed all but the last fifteen minutes of last week's chat with horror author John Everson. I didn't mean to, but I had a sick child to take care of. However, Mr. Everson impressed me with the answers to the few questions I did manage to catch.

Particularly interesting was when he mentioned that having children curtailed his writing time. All I could think was "How well I know . . ."

Anyway, he piqued my interest so I visited his website and discovered, after bouncing around a bit, that he has posted several short stories. What a great way to decide if you like an author's writing or not!

In that spirit, I am posting direct links to his stories so that you can easily sample his writing yourself. Read a little bit of background information about the story in the purple sidebar on the left hand side. Note: these links will send you to John Everson's website. You can use the back button to return here to sample the next story or go exploring on his website:

Pumpkin Head

Why Do You Stay With Him?

Hard Heart

Tomatoes

Vigilantes of Love

Only Believe

Christmas, The Hard Way

Please understand: The stories have been posted for you to read for free but Mr. Everson still holds the copyright to them. Please do not steal them. Don't repost them elsewhere without first obtaining Mr. Everson's permission. This is a kind gift and we shouldn't abuse it.

For further reading check out the John Everson Author Page.

(originally posted on . . . With Intent to Commit Horror)

No comments: