Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why I missed a couple day's posts

I took Wednesday off to take my autistic/albino son to the eye doctors. It was actually a whole family affair. It was a long drawn out affair because my son hates the eye drops that dilate the eyes and was uncooperative from that moment on.

The next day my wife and daughter were sick. My daughter got a morning appointment and we discovered she has pneumonia. That is a nasty illness to have at seven years. When I got home with Little Miss Sickness, I had to turn around and fetch my son from school as he was covered in spots and the school nurse was certain he had scarlet fever.

My wife had the next doctor's appointment. I was worried she'd have pneumonia because her symptoms seemed to mirror my daughter's. Well she only had strep throat. Not good but not the big P, either. Finally I took my son to the doctor. To my relief he did not have scarlet fever. He was having an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillian that was prescribed last week to fight the strep that both kids had.

Afterward I had to get medicine from a pharmacy that had never heard of the benefits of good customer service. I wasted a lot of time waiting for meds.

By the time I got home I was too beat and too miffed to focus on writing a post. So I let it slide. I am sorry I posted nothing (except for a pre-made post in Buy Books the Holidays) until today. However I felt no post was more desirable than a post of poor quality.

So let me ask you, did I make the right call?

No comments: